Scott M. Wilhelm, Esq.
Scott M. Wilhelm - "Certified by NJ Supreme Court as a Municipal Court Law Attorney"
Mr. Wilhelm focuses his practice to the areas of Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, Bankruptcy, Civil Litigation, and Real Estate law.
As a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Wilhelm has diligently represented thousands of clients throughout New Jersey and Pennsylvania at both the trial and appellate levels for a wide spectrum of cases, including homicides, sexual assaults, drugs, assaults, and driving under the influence (DUI). Furthermore, Mr. Wilhelm is also the appointed Public Defender for thirteen (13) New Jersey municipalities, providing legal representation for poor and indigent individuals facing criminal charges.
As a civil litigator, Mr. Wilhelm has handled hundreds of plaintiff's personal injury cases, including slip and falls, medical malpractice, employment discrimination, civil rights, dangerous conditions of property, and automobile accident matters. In addition, he has also represented numerous parties in contractual disputes, collection activities, and other actions at law or in equity. Mr. Wilhelm's corporate clients currently include Harmony Sands & Gravel, Inc., Superior Quartz Products, Inc., First Commonwealth Credit Union, and Alpha Lehigh Tool Company. In the past, he has represented community banks and large corporations.
Prior to becoming a partner, Mr. Wilhelm served as a law clerk from 1995-1996 to the Honorable John F. Kingfield of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Law Division, Criminal Part, Warren County, before becoming an associate for this Law Firm from 1996-2001.
Mr. Wilhelm received his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from Villanova University School of Law in 1995. Prior to attending law school, Mr. Wilhelm graduated Magna Cum Laude when he received a Bachelor of Arts (Political Science) from Moravian College in 1992. While attending Moravian College, Mr. Wilhelm consistently achieved Dean's List, which most notably included five semesters with a perfect 4.0 grade point average, and was a member of three National Honor Societies. He was also elected Class President and received the 1992 Outstanding Political Science Student Award. Moreover, during his senior year, Mr. Wilhelm authored an Honor Thesis entitled "The Role of Congressional Staff in the United States", and served as a legislative intern for former United States Representative Donald L. Ritter (R-PA).
Mr. Wilhelm is member and former president of the Warren County Bar Association (2007-2008). Mr. Wilhelm is a member of the Northampton County Bar Association where he currently sits on the Board of Governors. He also is an active member of the Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Hunterdon County and Lehigh County Bar Associations. Mr. Wilhelm is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Federalist Society. He is arbitrator for the Northampton County Court of Common Pleas and the US District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Bankruptcy Law
- Civil Litigation
- Real Estate
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified by the New Jersey Supreme Court as a Municipal Court Law Attorney
- New Jersey, 1995
- Pennsylvania, 1995
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1995
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1998
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 2010
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2010
- Villanova University School of Law, Villanova, Pennsylvania
- J.D. - 1995
- Moravian College, Bethlehem, PA, USA
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1992
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Dean's List Every Semester
- Honors: Honors Thesis
- Major: Political Science
- Harmony Sands & Gravel, Inc.
- Superior Quartz Products, Inc.
- First Commonwealth Credit Union
- Lecturer, “What every PA Attorney needs to know about NJ Law”; Northampton County Bar and Lehigh County Bar Association
- Adjunct Professor, Warren County Community College, Washington, NJ, 2001-2003, 2005
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Northampton County Bar Association, Board of Governors, 2015 - Present
- Warren County Bar Association, President, 2007 - 2008
- Hunterdon County Bar Association
- Lehigh County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Federalist Society
Pro Bono Activities
- New Jersey Supreme Court District XII Ethics Committee, 2014 - Present
- Warren County Coordinator of State Bar Association High School Mock Trial Competition, 1997 - Present
- Volunteer Women's Center, 1998 - Present
- Holland Township Parks & Recreation Committee, 2014 - Present